- Associated Press - Wednesday, September 2, 2015

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles will pay $5 million to the family of a woman who was struck and killed by a city garbage truck.

The Los Angeles Times (https://lat.ms/1L6z2et ) says the City Council on Wednesday approved the settlement of a lawsuit filed by the woman’s husband and daughter.

Flora Kohanbashiri was standing on a sidewalk in the Beverly Grove area last December when she was knocked down by a trash truck.

Police said the driver was backing up after failing to complete a sharp turn.

Last year, the council approved a $10 million settlement with a Northridge woman who was struck and injured by a garbage truck as she crossed a street.



___

Information from: Los Angeles Times, https://www.latimes.com/

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide