- Associated Press - Wednesday, September 23, 2015

HENDERSON, Nev. (AP) - Penalties have been handed down to a father and son from Henderson who evaded Nevada wildlife officials in a 2013 deer poaching case.

The Nevada Department of Wildlife said 54-year-old John Fernandez and 30-year-old Anthony Fernandez pleaded guilty on Sept. 16 to obstructing and delaying an investigation.

Each man will pay $300 for the criminal penalty and $300 for the Operation Game Thief fund. Both are barred from hunting, fishing or trapping for three years.

The elder man also forfeited his rifle after witnesses said he shot and cleaned an antlerless doe and loaded into his truck under a tarp in October 2013 near McGill.

Officials said he ignored investigators seeking to interview him about the case and initially denied his involvement when recognized last year at a check station.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide