- Associated Press - Wednesday, September 23, 2015

BRIDGETON, N.J. (AP) - No charges will be filed in the fatal shooting of a man found dead earlier this year at a southern New Jersey home.

Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae announced the decision Wednesday.

She said it was determined that Brian Delvecchio was “clearly attempting to gain unlawful forced entry” into the Lawrence Township home where he was found shot in March. The 52-year-old Millville man died from a single shot to the chest.

The prosecutor would not say who shot Delvecchio or disclose what led to the shooting. But she did note that state law allows residents to use deadly force in some instances.

Webb-McRae said witness statements and other evidence corroborated the findings of a state police investigation.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide