- Associated Press - Thursday, September 24, 2015

DENVER, Colo. (AP) - A Jefferson County teen has died after eating a s’more with peanut butter at a high school bonfire.

The Denver Post reports (https://dpo.st/1R2tSF7 ) that 16-year-old Simon Katz was allergic to peanuts and didn’t know the s’more had contained peanut butter. His father, David, says the boy went into anaphylactic shock and died Monday.

Simon, who was a junior at Chatfield High School, had fallen ill at the bonfire so his friends drove him home to get medicine. David Katz says he gave Simon epinephrine injections on the way to the hospital, but the teen died a short time later.

Jefferson County School District spokeswoman Michelle Balch Lyng says crisis response teams are at Chatfield to help students and staff during the difficult time.

___

Information from: The Denver Post, https://www.denverpost.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide