- Associated Press - Monday, September 28, 2015

PAWTUCKET, R.I. (AP) - Officials say an electrical issue with a third-floor light sparked a house fire in Pawtucket.

Fire officials tell WPRI-TV (https://bit.ly/1JxTeEP ) the flames broke out around 8:30 p.m. on Sunday night at a three-family home on Sterry Street. Six adults and seven children are displaced until the home is repaired.

All three floors of the home were occupied at the time of the fire.

Firefighters say the light fixture on the third floor started smoking and spread to the attic.

No injuries were reported. Firefighters shut off the gas and electric in the building.

Fire department officials say the Red Cross is helping the families.


Information from: WPRI-TV, https://www.wpri.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide