- Associated Press - Thursday, September 3, 2015

VENTURA, Calif. (AP) - Health officials say a foodborne virus may have sickened nearly 100 customers and employees last month at a Chipotle restaurant in Ventura County.

The county Environmental Health Division announced Thursday that seven employees of the Simi Valley restaurant tested positive for norovirus.

Authorities say those workers will remain off duty until additional testing clears them.

Eighty customers and 18 employees fell ill in mid-August. The restaurant was closed for a day and cleaned and no new illnesses have been reported.

Norovirus can cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. It’s highly contagious and is spread through contact with infected people or contaminated food, water and surfaces.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide