- Associated Press - Wednesday, September 9, 2015

NEW YORK (AP) - Con Edison has agreed to set aside $3.8 million for up to 300 female employees who filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against the company.

The Daily News (https://nydn.us/1IXYBN5 ) says the settlement was reached quietly last month with state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

The lawsuit charged that female field workers were subjected to harassment, paid less than less qualified male workers and passed over for promotion.

The investigation into the allegations began in 2007.

Con Edison said in a statement that it doesn’t tolerate discrimination in any form in the workplace. It says the agreement resolves the investigation without any findings of wrongdoing on the part of the utility.



___

Information from: Daily News, https://www.nydailynews.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide