- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 20, 2016

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - A 34-year-old Baton Rouge man, who served prison time for threatening to blow up the downtown state courthouse in 2009, has admitted he made additional bomb threats in 2013.

U.S. Attorney Walt Green said in a news release Brian Cavalier pleaded guilty Tuesday before Chief U.S. District Judge Brian Jackson to two counts of making threats by mail.

Green says Cavalier was scheduled to stand trial next month on those federal charges.

Cavalier faces up to 10 years in prison for the 2013 bomb threats. Jackson will sentence him Aug. 18.

Green says Cavalier mailed a letter to U.S. District Court on Nov. 1, 2013, indicating a bomb had been planted in the federal courthouse and would detonate within 24 hours.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide