- Associated Press - Tuesday, April 5, 2016

MIAMI (AP) - Dozens of people have been sickened after a carbon monoxide leak at a Miami office building.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Chief Rogelio Vandamas tells media outlets that high levels of carbon monoxide were found on the second floor Monday afternoon.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue spokeswoman Erika Benitez says several people were showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

At least 17 people were taken to hospitals, while dozens more were treated at the scene and released.

About 80 people were sent home because they felt sick. Approximately 400 people work at the building.

Officials say the source of the leak came from the drains in the first floor bathrooms.

Benitez says an environmental assessment company has been contacted to ensure necessary repairs are made.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide