- Associated Press - Tuesday, April 5, 2016

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) - More than 100 residents of a Huntington apartment complex have returned after being displaced by fires.

Dennis Johnson, owner of The Flats on 4th, near Marshall University, tells The Herald-Dispatch (https://bit.ly/25Iu1WW) that one fire Sunday started on the first floor and was electrical, while a second fire that started on the second floor was caused by an object thrown in a trash can.

No one was injured and most damage was limited to where the fires started. Residents returned to the building on Monday.

The building’s smoke detectors didn’t go off, and Johnson said he is in the process of having a new fire alarm system installed.

___

Information from: The Herald-Dispatch, https://www.herald-dispatch.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide