- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 6, 2016

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A longtime Los Angeles Times photographer has been charged with a misdemeanor for refusing to cooperate with police while transmitting photographs of the funeral motorcade of Nancy Reagan.

The Times (https://lat.ms/1RXjBeN ) reports that the Ventura County district attorney’s office charged 65-year-old Ricardo DeAratanha on Monday. The prosecutor on the case declined to give details.

The photographer’s attorney Mark Werksman says his client gave police no reason to arrest him and he is disappointed the case is advancing.

Simi Valley police said at the time that officers were responding to a report of a suspicious vehicle near the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, where the public viewing for the former first lady was being held last month. They say the photographer was arrested after refusing to identify himself and balking at providing identification.

___

Information from: Los Angeles Times, https://www.latimes.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide