- Associated Press - Monday, August 1, 2016

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Authorities say a woman has died a month after suffering severe burns when her 4-year-old son accidently started a fire with a butane torch.

The Salt Lake Tribune reports (https://bit.ly/2at0AmJ) that Ogden police say 28-year-old mother Kimberly Gaspa died on July 29.

Her son Ryder Gaspa died in a hospital shortly fire crews pulled them from their basement apartment on June 27.

Authorities say the upstairs residents called 911 when they smelled the smoke.

Police have said the blaze started when the boy accidently lit a mattress on fire, and he likely died of smoke and soot inhalation.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide