- Associated Press - Monday, August 1, 2016

RAYMOND, Miss. (AP) - Firefighters are battling a fire that broke out in a dormitory at Hinds Community College.

Local media reported the fire broke out Monday afternoon.

Tyrone Jackson, the dean of students at the college, told WJTV-TV (https://bit.ly/2atfCsD ) that no injuries had been reported. He told the television station five people were living at the dorm.

Firefighters were alerted about the fire in Williams Hall at about 5 p.m.

___

Information from: WJTV-TV, https://www.wjtv.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide