- Associated Press - Wednesday, August 10, 2016

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Investigators say an 82-year-old woman has died of what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning in her western Pennsylvania home.

Penn Hills Police Chief Howard Burton says authorities responded to the home around 8 p.m. Tuesday and found the woman dead. He tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette it appears that the victim forgot to turn her car off in an attached garage.

Burton says the woman’s daughter went to the home after she couldn’t get in touch with her and found her dead inside the house.

Authorities say the death appears to be accidental.

An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide