- Associated Press - Thursday, August 11, 2016

ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) - A 92-year-old man has died from injuries in a house fire in Anderson.

Anderson County Deputy Coroner Don McCown told local media outlets Wednesday that Marcell Cowans died Tuesday evening at a burn center in Atlanta from smoke inhalation.

Firefighters pulled Cowans from a room near the front door of his home Monday afternoon. Firefighters said flames were coming from the windows of two bedrooms as well as the front porch when they arrived. It took about a half hour to extinguish the flames.

Firefighters said electrical problems cause the fire.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide