- Associated Press - Friday, August 12, 2016

MILWAUKEE (AP) - Milwaukee’s archbishop says his guardian angel was working overtime when he had a severe allergic reaction to acetaminophen that could have been deadly.

Archbishop Jerome Listecki tells WISN-TV (https://bit.ly/2aMqL4F ) that he took some cough medicine before heading to a meeting Monday and didn’t realize it contained the Tylenol ingredient acetaminophen. His face and throat began to swell and soon he could only whisper and was having trouble breathing.

Listecki says he was able to walk to the parking lot and call 911. Paramedics gave him an epinephrine shot and a priest gave him the sacrament of the sick.

The archbishop says he received another shop of epinephrine in the ambulance and was kept overnight at Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital.

___

Information from: WISN-TV, https://www.wisn.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide