- The Washington Times - Friday, August 12, 2016

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

Bill and Hillary Clinton gave $1,042,000 to charity in 2015. One million of it went to the Clinton Foundation.

As Mother Jones reports: “Clinton’s tax filings show that she and Bill Clinton donated just over $1 million to charity last year, the bulk of which went to the Clinton Foundation. Another, $42,000 was donated to the Desert Classic Charities, a non-profit that organizes the Carebuilder Challenge charity golf tournament with the Clinton Foundation. In total, the Clinton’s gave nearly 10 percent of their income to charity.”

But is it really charity to give unto oneself?

As the Daily Caller notes, 96 percent of their charitable funds went to their own Foundation, and the other 4 percent went to a group that Doug Band, a Clinton Foundation adviser and Bill Clinton’s longtime assistant, served on the board of directors.

I guess charity truly does begin at home.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide