- Associated Press - Friday, August 12, 2016

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) - Chattanooga fire officials say a 48-year-old man has died of apparent electrocution while trying to put out a fire on the roof of a restaurant.

The Chattanooga Fire Department identified the man as Michael Brady.

Department spokesman Bruce Garner said in a news release that the man spotted the fire on the roof of the restaurant shortly after 2 p.m. Friday. Garner said the man told firefighters who arrived moments later that he had extinguished the blaze. Then as he was attempting to get off the roof, he made contact with metal or electric wires, collapsed and fell to the ground below.

Brady was pronounced dead at the scene.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide