- Associated Press - Friday, August 19, 2016

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say a man was critically burned in a hash oil explosion in a Spokane home.

The Spokane Fire Department said firefighters responded to a house fire Thursday afternoon and found a resident had suffered burns due to an explosion caused by an unauthorized marijuana butane honey oil extraction process.

Officials say fumes had built up in an improperly ventilated basement room, reached an ignition source and caused an explosion and flash fire.

Firefighters treated the man and ensured the fire didn’t spread.

The man was transported to a local hospital and then flown to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle where he remains in critical condition.

Two other adults and three children in the residence at the time of the explosion were not injured.


Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide