- Associated Press - Tuesday, August 2, 2016

BAYARD, Neb. (AP) - Authorities say a fire has damaged the Bayard home of two firefighters.

The fire was discovered by the son of Ryan and Stephanie Dalbey around 10 a.m. Sunday as he arrived at the home on Main Street in Bayard.

Bayard Fire Chief Mike Harimon says the fire started on a couch in the basement. Overheated rechargeable batteries are suspected of touching off the blaze.

Harimon estimates the damage could total $50,000. No injuries have been reported.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide