- Associated Press - Monday, August 22, 2016

NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - North Little Rock firefighters say a natural gas leak sparked by a lit cigarette caused a home explosion that injured 14 people.

Fire Capt. David Wilson told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (https://bit.ly/2bqNLtH ) Monday that a resident of the house told police she had smelled natural gas in the home and another person in the house at the time of the blast told police it exploded after he lit a cigarette.

The house exploded about 10:20 p.m. Friday, injuring eight adults and six children.

A police report says the adults were taken to Little Rock hospitals and the children were examined at the scene by emergency personnel and told to see their personal doctors.

Wilson described the injuries as minor to severe.



___

Editors: This version corrects the day of the explosion from Saturday to Friday.

___

Information from: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, https://www.arkansasonline.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide