- Associated Press - Friday, August 26, 2016

NEWPORT, Del. (AP) - Fire officials in Delaware say a house fire in Newport was the result of faulty wiring.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal said in a statement that the fire at the home on State Street, which was reported shortly after 6 a.m. Friday, was accidental.

The office says the fire originated inside a laundry room and was caused by faulty electrical wiring in a wall.

Officials say the fire resulted in $20,000 in damage. Six people living in the home escaped without injury.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide