- Associated Press - Wednesday, August 31, 2016

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - The owner of a northeastern Indiana home designed by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright is suing Fort Wayne officials over the home’s historic designation.

Richard Herber sued Fort Wayne’s city council and its historic preservation commission last week in federal court. He’s asking a judge to remove his home’s historic designation and award him damages for injuries he says its historic status has caused him.

His suit also says he’s disabled and needs to modify the house to accommodate his disabilities.

The Journal Gazette reports (https://bit.ly/2bB3mJP ) Herber’s 1,400-square-foot home was built in 1951 and is Fort Wayne’s only house designed by Wright.

Herber bought the home in 2004 and also argues that its historic status makes it more expensive to maintain and will make it harder to sell.

___

Information from: The Journal Gazette, https://www.journalgazette.net

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide