- Associated Press - Thursday, December 1, 2016

CLARK, Wyo. (AP) - There are no injuries after a compressor station near the community of Clark in northwest Wyoming exploded.

Clark firefighter Dave Hoffert says the facility owned by Windsor Energy exploded Tuesday night.

Hoffert tells the Powell Tribune (https://bit.ly/2gLfSH3 ) that the building housed the natural-gas-fired boiler to heat crude oil exploded.

He says the only explanation for the explosion is a natural gas leak ignited due to some sort of electrical malfunction.

Although most of the steel siding was blown off and the shed’s roof crumpled, the boiler and equipment in the shed remained intact.

Hoffert says damage was relatively minor.

___

Information from: Powell (Wyo.) Tribune, https://www.powelltribune.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide