- Associated Press - Monday, December 12, 2016

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - At least five people were taken to hospitals, several in serious condition Monday, for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Anchorage Fire Department says in a release they were called to Alaska Cleaners in downtown Anchorage for a gas leak in the boiler room.

Employees were evacuating the building as firefighters arrived.

The fire department says at least one person was taken in a civilian vehicle to a hospital. Four others were transported in ambulances.

The fire department secured the leak, and the gas company was called.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide