- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 14, 2016

LIBERTY, Mo. (AP) - Officials at a high school in suburban Kansas City, Missouri, say several students were taken to a hospital as a precaution after being sickened by fumes.

Liberty High School’s principal, April Adams, told parents in a statement that the odor forced that wing of the school to be evacuated Wednesday morning until the source of the fumes was determined.

Students were allowed to remain in unaffected sections of the school.

The Liberty Fire Department and district officials attributed the fumes were caused by a failure of an electrical heating unit.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide