- Associated Press - Thursday, December 15, 2016

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Firefighters say a baby suffered facial burns when a kitchen caught fire at a northwest Las Vegas home.

Las Vegas fire officials say crews responding to a report of a microwave fire arrived to find the entire kitchen ablaze and the flames spreading to the living room on Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters say a man had arrived home from work shortly before crews arrived, found the house on fire and pulled his two small children and their grandmother outside.

The infant one was taken to a hospital. No one else was hurt.

Fire crews say one of two pets inside the house was overcome by smoke and died.

Investigators believe the fire was started by grease on the stove, perhaps left behind in a pan. Damage is estimated at about $80,000.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide