- Associated Press - Thursday, December 15, 2016

EUGENE, Ore. (AP) - A 14-year-old girl is recovering from third-degree burns after a propane space heater caused her to catch fire in the garage of her Junction City home.

The Register-Guard reports (https://bit.ly/2hyUzG6 ) Delanie Shelton remains at a Portland hospital after suffering burns on her neck, back and right arm on Dec. 8.

Shelton’s mother, Jennifer Ray, says her daughter had been standing next to the space heater to keep warm when it sparked a flame that caught onto her jacket. Ray says she jumped on the teen and rolled her around on the ground to put the flames out.

Ray then drove her daughter toward a hospital but was stopped by police for speeding. The officer saw what happened to the girl and called for an ambulance that took her to the hospital.

___

Information from: The Register-Guard, https://www.registerguard.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide