- Associated Press - Thursday, December 15, 2016

SAN DIEGO (AP) - A San Diego judge has ordered a murder trial for a motorist who prosecutors say struck and killed a man, then drove for a mile with his body lodged in the car.

The judge on Wednesday ruled there was enough evidence to try Esteysi Sanchez of Oceanside for second-degree murder and other charges.

The 30-year-old was arrested in June after police said her car struck and killed a man on a sidewalk. Police said the man’s body went through the windshield and ended up on the front passenger seat but his severed leg crashed through the back window and landed on the trunk.

Police say Sanchez drove about a mile, parked and walked away.

Witnesses said Sanchez had been drinking before the crash.

The Los Angeles Times reports (https://lat.ms/2hxnfCw) Sanchez was ordered back to court Jan. 11.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide