- Associated Press - Friday, December 16, 2016

EVERETT, Wash. (AP) - Officials say at least nine dogs have died after a space heater sparked a fire in Snohomish.

The Daily Herald reports (https://bit.ly/2gQ5vCP ) that the Tuesday blaze happened in a shop building near Blackmans Lake. Snohomish fire Chief Ron Simmons says a woman who lives there in an apartment had been working as a pet sitter at the time and had several dogs in her care.

Investigators have confirmed the deaths of nine dogs but they suspect more have died after escaping the fire with smoke inhalation and burns.

A nearby veterinary hospital has offered to keep the recovered remains of the animals for their owners, some of whom were out of town at the time.

The fire caused an estimated $45,000 in damage and has been ruled an accident.

___

Information from: The Daily Herald, https://www.heraldnet.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide