- Associated Press - Friday, December 16, 2016

CASTLETON, Vt. (AP) - Fire investigators say a fire in a dorm room at Vermont’s Castleton University was caused by a computer that had been left on a bean bag chair.

There were no injuries in the fire at the Adams Hall dormitory at Castleton, which was reported just after 1 p.m. Thursday.

When firefighters arrived they found heavy smoke in the dorm and the fire in a fourth floor suite. The residents of the room were not home.

Damage was estimated at $10,000 and students were allowed to return to their rooms a short time later.

The investigation found that the computer overheated on the bean bag chair, which was under a bunk bed enabling the fire to spread quickly.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide