- Associated Press - Friday, December 16, 2016

BARRE, Vt. (AP) - Officials say students were evacuated from the elementary and middle school in Barre after a fire broke out in the school’s heating system.

Officials say the wood chip boiler malfunctioned, sending out smoke, and activating a fire alarm on Thursday. No one was injured.

A backup propane heating system was turned on.

The superintendent says students were outside for a few minutes before they returned to the building.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide