- Associated Press - Friday, December 23, 2016

ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) - Officials say paramedics revived an electrician after he was shocked on the job.

WRC-TV (https://bit.ly/2ijRXQg) reports that the man was working at an office building in Rockville on Wednesday when he came in contact with high-voltage lines.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Lt. Daniel Ballantine says the electrician’s co-workers kicked his ladder out from under the man to get him away from the electrical source without shocking anyone else. When paramedics arrived, Ballantine says the man wasn’t breathing, so they hooked him up to a defibrillator.

Thomas Buckmaster says after they shocked the patient with the defibrillator, he could breathe on his own, and his pulse returned. They rushed him to a hospital, where he was able to recover.

___

Information from: WRC-TV, https://nbcwashington.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide