- Associated Press - Monday, December 5, 2016

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Officials say a lithium battery might have started a fire that partially destroyed a modular office building at Boise State University over the weekend.

State Fire Marshal Knute Sandahl tells the Idaho Statesman (https://bit.ly/2h7r7Gp) in a story on Monday that investigators are closely looking at the recharging of a lithium battery.

The fire on Saturday destroyed part of an office building and damaged equipment that’s part of the school’s robotics lab.

Sandahl didn’t have a damage estimate but predicted it would be in the tens of thousands of dollars.

There were no reports of injuries.

___

Information from: Idaho Statesman, https://www.idahostatesman.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide