- Associated Press - Tuesday, December 6, 2016

SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Sarasota, Florida say a mother passed out in a convenience store bathroom after overdosing on heroin in front of her 4-year-old child.

The Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported Tuesday (https://bit.ly/2gLSZTn ) that 30-year-old Amanda Riley faces a charge of felony child neglect.

The Sarasota Sheriff’s Office says Riley and the child arrived at the WaWa store Friday night and headed straight to the bathroom.

About five minutes later, a store manager found Riley unresponsive on the bathroom floor and the child crying.

The manager carried the child outside and called authorities.

The child was later placed in the custody of relatives.

The Sheriff’s Office says Riley admitted to buying heroin and injecting it in the bathroom.

___

Information from: Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune, https://www.heraldtribune.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide