- Associated Press - Thursday, February 11, 2016

SEATTLE (AP) - The Seattle Fire Department says two people were burned when an accidental fire broke out inside a recreational vehicle at a homeless camp.

The RV was parked at a temporary zone designated by the city for homeless people living in RVs and cars. The department says the Thursday morning blaze was contained to one 20-foot RV.

Two people were taken to Harborview Medical Center for treatment.

The fire was caused when cooking stove fuel accidentally spilled near a portable heater. It happened around 4:30 a.m.

About two dozen vehicles have been using the temporary parking area in Seattle’s Interbay neighborhood. The city is planning in coming weeks to open two parking lots to homeless people living in RVs and cars.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide