- Associated Press - Friday, February 12, 2016

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) - Fire officials say a man who was rescued from a house fire in Billings has died.

The Yellowstone County coroner’s office tells The Billings Gazette (https://bit.ly/20ZWdkK) that 58-year-old Judd Patrick Roby died of smoke and soot inhalation about three hours after he was pulled out of the house.

Fire crews had responded to a report of smoke coming out of the basement of the house at about 1 p.m. Thursday. Roby lived in the basement apartment.

The fire, estimated to have caused $80,000 in damage, is believed to have started from a space heater.

___

Information from: The Billings Gazette, https://www.billingsgazette.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide