- Associated Press - Friday, February 12, 2016

MOLTONBOROUGH, N.H. (AP) - A New Hampshire man who was severely burned after the battery of an electric cigarette exploded in his pocket is suing the maker of the cigarette and the store that sold it to him.

Matthew Gilson was hospitalized last month with second- and third-degree burns he received on his legs and hands after the battery of his e-cigarette combusted while he was at work in Tilton.

WMUR-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1QZmpY8 ) the 26-year-old Moultonborough man’s lawyer filed a lawsuit Thursday against the Chinese company that made the cigarette and Smokers Haven in Laconia, where Gilson bought the device.

Gilson’s attorney, Peter McGrath, says the public needs to be aware about the possible dangers involved with e-cigarettes and vaporizers.

Smokers Haven didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

___

Information from: WMUR-TV, https://wmur.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide