By Associated Press - Wednesday, February 17, 2016

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - An 8-year-old Oregon boy was hospitalized after eating a marijuana-infused cookie that he found on the ground.

The Oregonian reports ( that 30-year-old Jessica Hart of Klamath Falls says her boyfriend took her son, Jackson, on an outing to a local rock quarry. While there, Jackson spotted a cookie in its original packaging and Hart’s boyfriend told the boy not to eat it.

But Hart says the boy ate it while the adult’s back was turned. She says Jackson came home complaining that he was sick and said he was “vibrating all over.”

Hart’s boyfriend found the cookie’s packaging, which said the cookie had an estimated 50 milligrams of THC.

She took the boy to the hospital, where he was given intravenous fluids and monitored by emergency room staff for about five hours.


Information from: The Oregonian,

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide