- Associated Press - Thursday, February 18, 2016

RANDOLPH, Vt. (AP) - A developer is withdrawing a proposal for major development at the Randolph exit of Vermont’s Interstate 89.

Vermont Public Radio reports (https://bit.ly/1WuebZs ) developer Jesse Sammis is asking an environmental commission to end a partial review of the plan that called for a mixed-use development on 172 acres at Exit 4.

The commission had been weighing the impact of development on farmland and its compliance with local plans.

Environmental groups say they opposed the scale of the potential development and its impact on prime agricultural land. Sandra Levine of the Conservation Law Foundation says the development would have destroyed a valuable view in the area.

Sammis says he still plans to develop the land.

___

Information from: WVPS-FM, https://www.vpr.net


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide