- Associated Press - Friday, February 19, 2016

ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) - Rochester police say an investigation has found there was no threat to children who reported an attempted abduction at a bus stop last week.

Police said that the 7-year-old girl and her 6-year-old brother told investigators they were dropped off Feb. 12 outside their apartment building and were approached by a woman and a man with a knife. Capt. John Sherwin says police spent the past week interviewing other people in the area and corroborating details with the children.

Sherwin says police concluded the attempted abduction as reported by the children “did not occur.” He says the children are nonnative English speakers, and that aspects of the children’s report changed with interpreters.


TOP STORIES
'Fox & Friends' host slams 'Leftist tech mob' over Twitter suspension
Obama DOJ declined 'defensive briefing' for Trump campaign on Russia
Mitch McConnell: 'No chance' that Trump is removed from office


Sherwin says there was no knife, and that police were able to verify some circumstances occurred but that there was no threat.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide