- Associated Press - Friday, February 19, 2016

MARIETTA, Ohio (AP) - Trial has been delayed until May for a southeast Ohio man accused of suffocating his infant son and seriously injuring his toddler daughter.

The Washington County court clerk’s office says Adam Baker’s jury trial was pushed back to May 23. It had been scheduled to start Thursday.

The Marietta man has pleaded not guilty to charges of aggravated murder, attempted aggravated murder and felonious assault.

The has said detectives began investigating the 23-year-old Baker after his 2-year-old daughter was taken to a hospital in November because she had lost consciousness. The prosecutor has said the girl suffered brain damage and is now blind and using a wheelchair.

Baker’s 4-month-old son died in June. A coroner couldn’t determine how the boy died.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide