- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 23, 2016

RENO, Nev. (AP) - The manager of a Sparks bowling alley is investigating after a child fell eight feet from a piece of play equipment.

The Reno Gazette-Journal reports that (https://on.rgj.com/1VBTyui) the 3-year-old boy’s mother says he was knocked unconscious Saturday after falling from a climbing maze at Wild Island’s Coconut Bowl.

Leslie Lopez says her son Preston is recovering from cuts and bruises.

She says the boy slid through a mesh panel after a zip tie broke, and her husband had to get security to reach the concrete floor where the boy landed.

General manager Craig Buster says that staff responded and offered to call an ambulance for the crying boy.



He says the play equipment is maintained according to manufacturer instructions, and the zip ties are safety items commonly used at such attractions.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide