- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 23, 2016

BARNEGAT, N.J. (AP) - An elderly southern New Jersey woman was seriously burned when her clothes accidentally caught fire while she was cooking at her stove.

Ocean County prosecutors say 83-year-old Ann Honebein initially was taken to a hospital but was then moved to a burn center in Philadelphia. But further details on her condition have not been disclosed.

Barnegat Township police went to Honebein’s home shortly before 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. Authorities say her sweater and pants somehow caught fire while she was at the stove making pancakes and tea.

Honebein then called her daughter, who works near the home. The daughter found her mother on the floor of the kitchen and immediately rendered aid and contacted 911.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide