- Associated Press - Sunday, February 28, 2016

HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) - Fire officials say seven Hutchinson school buses were damaged in a fire that apparently was started by a discarded cigarette.

The fire was reported Saturday night just south of the Durham School Services in Hutchinson. A nearby tree row was on fire when emergency responders arrived.

Battalion Chief Rex Albright says the buses, a storage trailer and a building’s interior were damaged. Damage is estimated at $47,000.

Firefighters doused the blaze within 15 minutes. No one was injured.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide