- Associated Press - Monday, February 29, 2016

MOBILE, Ala. (AP) - An abandoned house where Mobile police made dozens of arrests has been demolished after being declared a drug nuisance.

Al.com reports (bit.ly/1ncAWVJ) the cinderblock home on Juniper St. was reduced to rubble Monday after Mobile Police Chief James Barber tore away the first chunks with a trackhoe.

Police say they made more than 80 drug-related arrests at the house in less than a year. At one time, officers found the property occupied by 39 people.

Mobile Police Department attorney Wanda Rahman says the home’s owner had been left the property by a dead relative and didn’t even know it. She says the owner ended up signing the house over to Mobile police, which then filed the necessary legal motions to demolish the house.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide