- Associated Press - Wednesday, February 3, 2016

CHARLESTOWN, Ind. (AP) - A prosecutor says he doesn’t plan to ask that a 16-year-old suspect in the fatal shooting of a southern Indiana teenager be tried as an adult.

Clark County Prosecutor Jeremy Mull also said Tuesday that he doesn’t plan to charge anyone else in the shooting. The News and Tribune (https://bit.ly/1NPFVlg ) reports Mull said it would ultimately be up to a judge whether to move the case to adult court.

Authorities say 13-year-old Alec Long of Charlestown died at a home Jan. 20. Clark County Sheriff Jamey Noel said in a news conference that day that investigators determined the 16-year-old was responsible in the shooting.

Noel previously said the 16-year-old would be charged with reckless homicide. Mull declined to comment when asked if the teen could face additional or more severe charges, citing statutes regarding juvenile cases.

___

Information from: News and Tribune, Jeffersonville, Ind., https://www.newsandtribune.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide