- Associated Press - Thursday, February 4, 2016

NEWELL, Iowa (AP) - A northwest Iowa family of eight was taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Newell Fire Chief Bruce Erie says the family woke up around 5:30 a.m. Wednesday and didn’t feel well, so they called 911. When emergency crews arrived at the home they found dangerously high carbon monoxide levels.

Authorities say snow that piled up Tuesday closed off a furnace vent in their home.

Two adults and six children were taken to a Storm Lake Hospital but no one was seriously injured. Authorities have not released the identities of the family members.

The home did not have a carbon monoxide detector.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide