- Associated Press - Thursday, February 4, 2016

EVERETT, Wash. (AP) - Fire investigators say they’ve completed their investigation into a blaze that killed a woman working in a coffee stand where baristas wear bikinis.

Everett Fire Department investigators said Thursday in a news release the fire Jan. 7 was accidental and caused by a propane heater.

Officials say 26-year-old Courtney Campbell had been in the stand refilling a small space heater with propane. Investigators said it was apparent that an accidental release of propane vapor occurred immediately before a flash that caused the fire.

Campbell was burned while escaping the flames and died later at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Officials said Campbell had recently bought the stand.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide