- Associated Press - Thursday, February 4, 2016

ERIE, Pa. (AP) - Police were investigating after a 3-year-old Pennsylvania boy was burned by an exploding space heater.

Erie police say fire crews were called just before 5 a.m. Thursday. They found that a wall-mounted space heater had exploded on the second floor of a residence, burning the boy.

The boy was being treated for burns to his arms and face at UPMC Hamot hospital. The boy’s name wasn’t being released, so his condition couldn’t be determined.

Deputy Fire Chief Mike Fahey says a small fire was limited to the heater and was out by the time emergency crews arrived.

A police official did not immediately respond to a call seeking additional details.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide